10.04.2010

Weekend Adventures

I was super busy this weekend.  Friday included a very productive shopping trip where I mainly got materials for some projects I have lined up.  Claire and I also went gangbusters on the clearance sale at Old Navy.  Everything was an additional half off!  I dare anyone pass that up.  Claire had fun too.  She got a new toy for being a superstar and got to see the fountain at the mall.  Ahh, the simple things in life.  On the way home, she was so tired that she fell asleep with her hand in her McDonald's french fry bag.  I wish I had a picture but I was driving and that would be bad.

Saturday started out with a cheerleading competition.  My BFF's daughter is on the competition squad for her middle school and they were competing in town, so we went to watch.  I know nothing about cheerleading but after watching a handful of squads and then watching ours it was easy to see that these girls are in a league of their own.  Just watch!

Of course they won, so I would like to give a special shout out to Hope and the rest of the ESMS Blue Devils!  Y'all rock!

Up next was a trip down to Valdosta for VSU Homecoming.  Both my husband and I graduated from Valdosta State so it is always fun to go back and wander around campus.  The highlight was my ZTA alumnae reunion.


We tailgated in the park and had a great time catching up with sisters young and old.  I think Claire enjoyed it the most.  We had to peel her off of the playground to leave.


Finally, we rounded out our day with an "easy" 5k.  My husband is triathlete so I have gotten into running in an effort to not feel like a complete couch potato while he is running, biking and swimming 6 days a week.  We loaded Claire into the jog stroller and took off.  Chris kept my pace up so I was able to finish just under the 30 minute mark.  Yeah for me!  I will not go into details about my race to the finish versus a nine-year-old girl.  It's too embarrassing.


My gold medal goes to this guy...


No, not the guy, the dachshund!  His name is Louie and that dog ran the entire race!  That's 3.2 miles!  He beat my time, which is a real confidence booster, but what an athlete!

Needless to say, we had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment