1448 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths
This house is completely adorable. It looks like an old stone cottage that you would find hidden in the woods. Efficient and multifunctional spaces are a must for small homes. I had high hopes but this one fell a little short, stupid architects.
Things I can live with
- The kitchen. It's a nice size and the layout is workable.
- The upstairs. It would be an entire guest suite.
Things I would change
- I would reconfigure the downstairs bathrooms and have just one bath accessible from the main living area and from the master bedroom
- I would make the front bedroom a little bigger so that it is more of a true master
- The back bedroom I would use as something other than a bedroom and I would probably try to move the washer and dryer into that room as well
- While there is the potential for tons of storage, the usable closet space is not that great. I would have less and make them bigger
With a few modifications this house could work if you were a couple with no kids or at most one kid and they could have the upstairs. What do you think?
Happy Friday to All!