1.24.2012

Sunday Dinner - Pork Tenderloin with Blue Cheese & Pear



It may look fancy but it was super easy to make which always gives a recipe a gold star in my cookbook.  It was suppose to be rolled but I can never get the meat thin enough to actually roll it so I just cooked it flat.  Still tasted the same to me.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pear (chopped)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - I used pecans
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese
  • 1/3 cup breadcrumb
  • 1 pork tenderloin (they usually come 2 to a pack)
  • olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Combine pear, nuts, cheese and breadcrumbs in a bowl and set aside

Cut pork lengthwise to the other side but not through.  Open halves.  Place between plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 inch (again I could not get it this thin so I improvised).  Heat oil in pan and brown pork on both sides about 5 minutes.  Transfer to a baking sheet and top with cheese/pear mixture.

Bake 15 minutes until cooked but slightly pink in center.  I took it out when it got to 165 degrees.

Cool, slice and serve with your favorite sides.  We had green beans and mashed potatoes.  This took about 30 minutes total so try it if you need something quick, easy and delicious.

~ Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment