11.15.2010

Fun is my Middle Name

Not really, it's Elizabeth, but when it comes to crazy fun colors I use my fair share.  I find that I am constantly drawn to bright vibrant colors, mainly aqua blue, lime green and pink.  I know, your shocked, right?  While I can't see myself using them in large quantities, I do like to throw some fun in here and there to add interest to my otherwise calm space.

Dining Room

Notice the pinks, blues and greens in the artwork.  Everything else in the room is very subtle.  The artwork grabs your attention because the colors are so vibrant.

Laundry Room

 
This is a little piece that I've had and painted pink to go in my laundry room.  It serves as a charging station for cell phones and a drop off point for all of the junk that comes out of my husband's pockets.  The acid green knobs I found at Hobby Lobby and I'm still looking for something to go on the drawer.  Do you like the wallpaper?  Here's a close-up...

I love this paper in so many ways I can't even name them all.  Most importantly it makes my laundry room bright and cheerful.  Just what I need while doing 8 loads of laundry a week.


Patio

This past spring I decided to spray paint my black iron patio furniture to make it more fun and less formal.  Surprise, surprise, I chose blue.  I added yellow cushions for an extra pop and I still want to add a loose pillow to each chair (navy or pink, I haven't decided).



For some reason aqua blues speak to me.  I use other colors to mix it up but that one color seems to be at the core of everything in my house.  It makes me happy to look at it everyday.  How about you?  What colors are you drawn to and how do you incorporate it into your home?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elisabeth, I was intrigued by the colours of the cushions to choose to go with your lovely blue and yellow outdoor setting. The navy is conservative and the pink sounds like your fun colour. They would be fine. Then as I was looking at the picture you took I thought I'd suggest a palette of aqua and orange,'cos the pool is aqua and the bushes behind are orange/russet and those colours would be a lovely contrast also with the yellow cushions and be fresh and bright for outside. What do you think? (I'm not a designer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I love the color combo of aqua and orange too, but for some reason I never think to use orange in my house. It's one of those colors that I pick out for others but never for myself. Although, I do have some adirondack that orange pillows might be perfect for. Thanks for the suggestions!
    ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you always pick out orange for me and my house but not for yourself...I think you have a nack for knowing people's personalities and the color that fits the personality...thus a gift of being fabulous at what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pink piece! I've been playing with ideas of incorporating that great shade in my house too. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete