2.07.2011

A Sad Day

I'm sorry I have nothing to share with you about pretty things today.  I received some bad news yesterday and it has filled my brain.  I went to bed thinking about it and thought it might make me feel better if I could share my thoughts with someone, anyone or no one who might read this.

I found out that one of my sorority sisters died 2 weeks ago.  She was 27.  This hit me hard because in college she was a ball of light and energy.  She always wore a smile and was excited about everything.  She lived life even if that meant getting into a little trouble and bending a few rules.  She was a good person with an extraordinarily generous heart.  I loved to be around her because she had such a positive energy it was infectious.

I tend to take things too seriously but being around people like my sister make me loosen up and force me to remember to have fun every once in a while.  I am an introvert so I am drawn to extroverted people.  They fascinate me.  They are able to do and say things that I only think about doing because I am too scared.  I don't do a lot of things in life because I am afraid.  My sister took on everything with her head held high even if it didn't turn out the way she wanted.

I regret that I lost touch with her after college.  I have done this with too many of the people I loved.  But what I failed to learn from her in life I will learn from her death:

Don't be afraid to take chances even if it means that I fail every once in a while.
Try not to take myself too seriously because no one else cares.
SMILE!
Live in the now and stop obsessing about the future.


I'm sorry if I have saddened any of your days but I think that this little exercise has helped and hopefully I will be able to sleep better tonight.  And to all of my sisters, I love you!  I miss all of you dearly and even though we don't see each other as often anymore I still think about all of you every day.


source

To Jessica

I have a sister who laughs when I'm happy,
and I have a sister who cries when I'm blue.
I know that she'll be there whenever I need her,
I know that our friendship is true.

You are loved and will be missed.

~ Andrea

4 comments:

  1. I really have no words, but I am very sorry to hear about this. I know sometimes it’s good to bring out our thoughts and what’s on our mind, for anyone who will listen, it helps lift the spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andrea, I am so sorry! Thinking of you today...Love you LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kasey & Natalie! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just seeing this now, Andrea. So sorry for this sad news. The perspective that we gain when someone in our life dies can be invaluable. She sounds like she was a special person. Love to you...

    ReplyDelete