8.30.2011

Nesting - Phase 1

I would like for it to be known that I hate nesting.  For normal women it is just a compulsion to clean and organize before the baby comes.  Not me.  I become a decorator on crack.  Every surface in the house must scrubbed from ceiling fans to blinds to baseboards and in addition to insane housework I feel as if the entire house must be decorated and styled as if it were being shot for House Beautiful.  In my head, once the baby comes all cleaning and decorating will cease and never be done again.  Silly, I know, but pregnant women are not the most logical creatures.

To start getting the nursery ready we had to clean out our guest room.  This included moving the queen bed to Claire's room and her twin into the baby's room.  So, of course, I had to reconfigure Claire's room.  Not many big changes and the only money spent was to make a headboard but I am quite pleased at how it turned out.

Before:


After:



Close up of headboard fabric from Anna French



I kept the same bedding because it worked well with the existing window treatment and colors in her room.  I splurged on the headboard fabric but it is something that she can grow with and when the time comes when she just doesn't want it anymore that thing is moving to my room because I love it.  Her toy storage is pulling double duty as night stands and the wall lamps I got from Ikea.  I thought they would be safer than regular lamps plus they have a pull cord to turn them on and off which seems more kid friendly.

All in all, I spent around $175 and got a completely new room.  To be honest, I'm liking Claire's room more than mine right now and I'm a little jealous.  I still want to add some artwork and there is a window seat that I'm dying to make a cushion for but all things in due time.

~ Andrea

1 comment:

  1. I Love it, and I'm so glad you are back to blogging...I've so missed your inspirational decorating! :)

    ReplyDelete